thoughts on the Mariners, MLB draft, and more homelinksdraftabout me

Updated Rating Formula!

The last week and a half or so I have been working on improving my rating formula. This led to some changes in adjusting ratings for lower minor league levels, but more importantly, I now have a system for projecting how good any player will become, regardless of the age or minor league level! I have not thoroughly tested the system with historical data, but the testing I have done is promising enough to start using it. The changes allowed me to project peaks for Carlos Silva, Brandon Morrow, Cha Seung Baek, Horacio Ramirez, and Sean White in the post below, whereas with the previous formula I would have not been able to include any indicator of future improvement for any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment