thoughts on the Mariners, MLB draft, and more homelinksdraftabout me

Non-Roster Race 2012 - Week 4


Four weeks ago, I debuted the non-roster invitee fantasy challenge. Prices continue to move, and promise to move much more with waves of roster cuts happening. Where do prices stand now?
  • OF Vinnie Catricala: $21
  • OF Darren Ford: $9
  • RHP Matt Fox: $5
  • INF Nick Franklin: $24
  • LHP Steve Garrison: $3
  • RHP Jarrett Grube: $2
  • INF Carlos Guillen: $69
  • RHP Aaron Hielman: $13
  • LHP Sean Henn: $3
  • C Ralph Henriquez: $0
  • DH Luis Jimenez: $4
  • SS Munenori Kawasaki: $44
  • RHP Josh Kinney: $2
  • RHP Jeff Marquez: $2
  • RHP Kevin Millwood: $74
  • RHP Scott Patterson: $3
  • LHP James Paxton: $49
  • LHP Oliver Perez: $26
  • RHP Stephen Pryor: $3
  • C Guillermo Quiroz: $2
  • RHP Erasmo Ramirez: $31
  • INF Luis Rodriguez: $12
  • RHP Forrest Snow: $4
  • C Jesus Sucre: $1
  • LHP Philippe Valiquette: $2
  • RHP Taijuan Walker: $52
Biggest gainer: Carlos Guillen (+$19)
Biggest loser: Taijuan Walker (-$12)

I anticipate significant movement in next week's prices. A ton of the non-roster invitees got sent down in the past week, and on top of that, Guillen announced his retirement. Three of the five priciest players are no longer in camp, so the wealth should spread quite a bit to new players in the next week.

Overall, thanks to Kawasaki and Ramirez, my portfolio turned another profit. It was worth $154, and now stands at $166.

I'm making quite a few moves, in anticipation of the market shifts. I'm selling both my shares of Darren Ford, my share of Jarrett Grube, both shares of Forrest Snow, and my lone share of Philippe Valiquette. That gives me $28 to spend, and I will invest it in Aaron Heilman, Sean Henn, Ralph Henriquez (still free!), Josh Kinney, and Luis Rodriguez.

There's still two weeks to go before the end of the challenge! Can anyone challenge Kevin Millwood's supremacy? How much value will the demoted prospect retain? We will find out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment